Planning to integrate your online business with a payment gateway, but confused with the multitudes of Payment Gateways available in the market today? This post will help you answer that question. Reviewing Instamojo, we will try to understand their offerings, features, pricing and more.
According to Statista, there were about 69 million eCommerce shoppers in India last year. With the world going digital, there hasn’t been a better time to take your business online. Reaching out to potential customers and scaling both nationally and globally, hasn’t been as easy.
With payment gateways such as Instamojo providing seamless payment integrations and the option of creating a free online store to showcase and sell your products, starting an online store is no longer a herculean task. This article will help you understand the basics of payment gateways, how they work and things you must consider while opting for a payment gateway for your online store.
This is the best feature of Instamojo. Payment links, help you share instant payment links via multiple social channels to collect payments. This is one of the best ways in which small businesses can collect payments. Their Smart Links help collect payments and a host of other information. Some of them are shipping address details, GST invoicing details, customizable payments links and more. This makes this simple payment link almost function like a website by itself, thereby making it an ideal pick for business.
To know more about their payment modes and payment links, click here.
Instamojo comes with features which are custom made for Indian MSMEs. Most of their free tools are also ideal for business just started out. These tools and features are aimed at easing out your work and helping you manage and grow your business.
Some of the features are:
- Collect on-demand payments over multiple channels and all payment modes.
- Manage all your payments in a neat interface. Additionally, get to know who paid how much and when.
- Interactive interface to directly resolve any disputes and provides refunds easily.
- Get insights on your customers to understand how to grow your business.
- Embed customizable payment buttons by pasting just one line of code.
- Directly share your payment link on all social media channels right after creating it from your dashboard.
- Share payment links to multiple people by uploading contacts in an excel sheet, or schedule them to be sent at a time of your choice.
- Resolution Center gives your buyers a simple way to reach out to you for post-purchase queries, clarifications, disputes, or any other issues.
- Create your own FREE online store with all your products at one place, and customize it with a cover image and description of your business.
- You also get a shopping cart and integrated checkout with all payment modes supported.
- Sell digital content, such as e-books, music, videos, images, digital art or illustrations, by hosting it on Instamojo. Users pay you and download the content. The pricing of this service is 5% per successful sale.
To know more about their features, click here.
To know more about the free tools they offer to help businesses to grow click, here.
Instamojo has one of the best pricing catalogs in terms of transparency.
Some of the benefits of using Instamojo are:
- No Setup Fee.
- 0 Maintenance Charges.
- No Minimum Commitment.
Modes of payments accepted:
- NEFT/ RTGS/ Bank Transfer
- Debit Cards/Credit Cards
Instamojo’s overall costs compared to other modern platforms & traditional gateways.
|FEES & OTHER CHARGES||INSTAMOJO||MODERN PLATFORMS||TRADITIONAL GATEWAYS|
|Setup Fee||Free||0 to 10,000 / year||25,000 / year|
|Annual Maintenance||Free||10,000 to 25,000 / year||10,000 to 25,000 / year|
|Minimum Commitment||No Commitment||Varies||Up to 1,00,000 / month|
No Hidden Costs:
Cost of time and effort spent increases hidden costs. But not on Instamojo.
|COSTS||INSTAMOJO||MODERN PLATFORMS||TRADITIONAL GATEWAYS|
|Time to Get Started||3-5 minutes||1-4 weeks||4-8 weeks|
|Developer Costs for Integration||Not Needed||1 Lakh+||1 Lakh+|
|Legal Costs of Agreements||Not Needed||Varies||1 Lakh+|
To know more about their pricing click, here.
Additional benefits for businesses looking to expand their knowledge:
Instamojo also helps entrepreneurs understand the nuances of running a successful business. They do so, by creating content which helps business in various fields such as marketing, sales, content and more. They also cover various payment and business news-related topics, to help you stay on the top. Be sure to check their blog, here.
eBooks and Guides:
While their blog caters to a larger overview of running a business, their ebooks and guides target niche topics and help you master them. You can access their free eBooks which are handcrafted for a growing business like yours – Be it Marketing, Taxes or just selling on Whatsapp; they promise to have something for all businesses at different stages of growth. You can access their ebooks and guides, here.
Stories and videos:
If you are looking for business motivation, then this is the place to be. Their videos are both user-friendly and informative. These videos can help you get insight into the functioning of their products, tutorials and more. You can access their videos, here.
With the wide range of payment gateways out there in the market, it can be difficult to pick the right one for your business. In our series of posts, we will review every parameter of the top 7 gateways in India, to help you through your journey.
Do let us know, what you think about our blogs and whether they helped you on your entrepreneurial journey or not.